Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Final Exam Blog Post (Part Dos)

I Developed Art Making Skills:
Before we did the painting unit, I had minimal experience with paint, because my preferred medium is pencil, and quite frankly I kinda sucked at painting. We used acrylic paint, which I think I largely prefer to watercolor. I learned new techniques in terms of that we learned how to mix the paint to make the colors that we wanted (we only really had the primary colors and black & white). I also learned that you paint the WHOLE background first (and promptly forget about that when I was painting a galaxy bunny for my friend's birthday...hehehe...). While most people painted in straight lines across the canvas, I painted in kind of abrupt strokes going all directions which I thought actually went well with the theme and scene of the painting. I definitely gained a lot of experience with the materials, and hope to paint more in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment